Welcome to my blog. Sit back, have a cup of coffee and read about the latest.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Card #34 Abstracted Fireplace


I had one busy week and my painting went by the wayside once again. I did a garage sale with two girlfriends last week. I spend two days pulling things out and pricing. I spend three days at the garage sale. People that shop at garage sales love a bargain! It doesn't matter that you spent $40 on a sweater and it was worn once--they want to spend 50 cents! Hard lesson learned!

Back to painting. The "Abstracted Fireplace" is a portion of a fireplace mantel. The left side is a candlestick, next to it is a picture frame. The fireplace itself has a ornamental front made from plaster. That's what the curving lines are. I think it made an interesting composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment