Welcome to my blog. Sit back, have a cup of coffee and read about the latest.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Card A Day--Card #1 Beach Chair


My new idea is to do a card a day. I am going paint one card four times a week. It would be impossible for me to do it every day. It is a great way to improve my painting skills. It will also be a good way to work out composition glitches in larger paintings.

I was working on a drawing for a painting yesterday and was having a terrible time getting the angles right. It just looked odd. Later that evening I went to a Shelby Township Art Society meeting. I wanted to go to this meeting especially because Kim Santini was speaking. I have met Kim before and found her to be friendly and thought she would be someone I should support. She was great! She does a dog a day and has a web site by that name. She said it really improved her painting skills and she sells her little paintings.

Today I did this little painting of a beach chair. I first applied gesso to the watercolor paper card and then used watercolor paint. I didn't do a drawing because I need to loosen up a bit. So here it is. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Diane - I'll be the first to wish you luck with the card a day project - you'll be amazed at how much it'll give you back creatively! :)

    ReplyDelete