Welcome to my blog. Sit back, have a cup of coffee and read about the latest.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Michigan Watercolor Society slide show

I went today to see the Michigan Watercolor Society slide show of all of the entries for this years competition. Wow!! The depth of talent in the state of Michigan is amazing! I love to try and pick out ones I think are outstanding and see if they were accepted in the show. I can think of at least 10 that I think will be in the show. The ones that stood out had unusual subject matter, rich color, and perfection of their craft. There were many repeats of subject matter- flowers in a vase, still lifes, scenes from Venice, and abstract patterny things. Mine were a little different so I hope that catches the juror's eye. I never know if my work is up to the caliber of what they are looking for but if I don't enter I always regret it. It is better to not have regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment